- If it is worth eating, it is worth tasting. Food in the mouth, butt in the seat. Taste and enjoy.
- The scale is a hunk of metal. It is useless in and of itself. If your body is at a lower weight than it is designed for, then deal with the contributing factors. If your body is at a weight higher than it is designed for, then deal with the contributing factors. You do not need a hunk of metal to tell you if you are living a life at peace with food, eating and activity.
- Treat your body with the love and respect it deserves; that you deserve. Don't go on an empty tank and make your body try to exist on gas fumes. Don't top your tank off and make your body deal with the excess. (Remember, we all hit those extremes on occasions. I am talking about behaviors that are done on a daily, regular basis.)
- Consider the quality of the food you ingest. Is it pleasing to the sight? Does it taste fresh? But, don't be obsessive over this issue.
- Eat what you really enjoy. Don't just eat something because of some moral judgement you have placed on the food. Remember, we are going for a good, overall nutritional average score. Every food we place in our mouth does not have to be a "super" food.
- Last, but not least, there really are no rules. You are a human being. You are beautifully and wonderfully made. You are not a science experiment!
You didn't really want rules, did you? You know they never work for the long haul!
Wishing you happiness and peace living in the middle ground!