So, here are some suggestions to help you enjoy, experience, and thrive during the holidays as you continue your journey towards making peace with food, eating, activity and weight issues:
- Try not to let yourself get overly hungry. Even though this can be a hectic time of year, don't skip meals or go too long without eating.
- Mindfully focus on enjoying your food and eating experiences. Be thankful for meals shared, time to celebrate and foods that you enjoy.
- Participate in self-care activities like going for a walk, listening to music, or carving out time for your hobbies.
- Ditch the diet mentality and all that goes with that faulty way of thinking. Don't buy into guilt, stay off of the scale and tune out all of the diet ads that spike at this time of year. Learn to trust and appreciate your body.
- Remember your goal of living in the middle ground. Avoid extreme, all or nothing thinking.
- If you are entering into an eating/food situation that normally would cause anxiety have a plan of action and rely on support systems to help you deal with the challenge.
- Commit to enjoy this wonderful time of year without the fear, guilt and anxiety that might have plagued you in the past. There is incredible power in what you tell yourself!!
P.S. Yes, this is a reprisal of my blog from last holiday season! ( >;