- Find something fun to do each day that involves non-stop movement. Walking is just fine.
- Don't set rules about how long you need to be active. Just move.
- If you use exercise machines ... cover up the "calories burned" info.
- Participate in a group activity of some sort. Maybe a dance class.
- Think of this movement as a way to nurture your body.
- Consider activity as an investment into your current and future health.
- Do not focus on activity/exercise as merely a weight management tool.
If you find getting your activity in is becoming burdensome or is in any fashion detracting from your quality of life (like isolating you from friends/family, making you late for work, etc.) you need to step back and reassess your priorities in life. You can thoughtful and deliberate about giving your body activity without being obsessive.
How have you made peace with exercise?